The Best Form for Any Function
Insulating Concrete Forms (ICFs) represent one of the fastest-growing sectors in
the construction industry today. ICFs are hollow blocks or panels made of Expanded
Polystyrene (EPS) that a construction crew stacks to create the exterior walls of
a residential or commercial building. Workers then add reinforcing steel and fill
the gap (typically 4” to 8”) between the two layers of foam with concrete.
This combination of concrete, steel and foam creates a very strong and energy-efficient
structure. After the concrete has hardened, the forms stay in place and become
the insulation for the walls.
The Benefits of ECO-Block ICF:
- Environmentally Friendly:
Use of wood products in construction significantly reduced.
- Energy-Efficient: Provides superior
insulation, reducing heating/cooling costs and creating a virtual air/vapor barrier.
- Sound-Suppressing: The interior rooms are effectively shielded from outside
- Quickly Constructed: One house per day with a four-man crew.
- Extremely Strong: Walls are “cast-in-place,” monolithic, reinforced
- Versatile: Any interior or exterior finish can be applied.
- Fire-Resistant: Up to a four-hour Fire Resistive Rating.
ECO-Block is the world’s most advanced ICF technology:
- Less Expensive: Reduced EPS molding and manufacturing costs.
- Stronger: Superior strength during the crucial period of the concrete pour.
- More Versatile: Same side panel for 4”, 6”, 8”, 10”
or larger ICF form.
- Easier to Transport: Components allow assembly on site.